About the Temple :
The Paramjothishwarar Temple is located near Thanjakoor enroute Madurai to Rameshwaram. This is is an ancient Shiva temple built by the King Thanjaivannavan as per the orders of Sage Agasthya. Poiyamozhi Pullavar, one of ancient Tamil poets a staunch devotee of Lord Shiva is believed to have prayed to the Lord Shiva deity in this temple. There is a mention of this temple in Devaram by Sundrar (7th Thirumurai). This temple is believed is located close to the Keezhadi civilization.
Background of the main deity :
Lord Vishnu, Lord Brahma along with other gods
prayed to Lord Shiva for Paranjothi Dharshan. During that time the present location of the
temple was an area covered by Vilwa Trees and also referred to as Vilwa Vanam
in literature. These gods worshipped Lord Shiva staying in the
Vilwa Forest and got the Paranjothi Dharshan of Lord Shiva.
Shri Paramjyotishwarar and Gnanambikai are the names of the deities in the temple.
The following are the constructions planned for the temple :
1. Sculpting the Vikrahams of :
Swarna Akarshana Bairavar,
Suryar and Chandrar cost : INR 500,000
2. Lord Kandhrishti Ganapthi Sannidhi is planned to setup at a cost of INR 5,00,000
3. Doors for all Sannidhis at a cost of INR 500,000 to be made in Teak including the Raja Gopuram 18 Feet Doors in the front.
4. Madappalli at a cost of INR 400,00.
5. Front and Side entrance for the temple costs around INR 10,00,000.
6. Complete Flooring - INR 400,000.
7. Painting cost - INR 400,000 for all including Raja Gopuram.
8. Complete compound wall surrounding the temple at INR 5,00,000.
We request people to come forward and help us restore the ancient glories of this important Shiva temple.
You can reach me on : https://www.facebook.com/rkrishnapradeep
To know more about the temple : https://temple.dinamalar.com/en/new_en.php?id=419
Campaign Disclaimer: The pitch, information and the opinions, expressed in this campaign page are those of the campaigner, users or beneficiaries, and not CrowdKash. If such claims are found to be not true, CrowdKash, in its sole discretion, has the right to stop the campaign, and refund the contributions to respective contributors.